Neil is an executive counsel in our disputes practice in Melbourne.
His areas of practice involve commercial and contractual disputes, banking and finance disputes, and restructuring, turnaround and insolvency.
Neil has a Bachelor of Law and a Post Graduate Diploma in Laws from the University of Zimbabwe. He is admitted to practise in the Supreme Court of Victoria, the Federal Court of Australia, the Supreme Court of England and Wales and the High Court of Zimbabwe.
Recognised as a ‘Best Lawyer’ for Litigation in 2021.
Experience & expertise
- Centro in defending two shareholder class actions alleging contraventions of Australian securities laws
- OZ Minerals in defending and resolving two shareholder class actions alleging contraventions of Australian securities laws
- Santos in relation to legal issues arising from the East Java mudflow incident
- Australian gas producers in a number of gas price reviews
- Australian banks in the enforcement of securities, including the appointment of receivers and managers
- Telstra in defending a shareholder class action alleging contraventions of Australian securities laws
- an Australian bank defending proceedings brought by clients of a financial adviser subsidiary
- an Australian bank defending claims by the clients of an estate agent customer alleging breaches of trust
- the then Mayne Group in the recall of products manufactured by Pan Pharmaceuticals (the largest recall in Australia at that time) and the complex insolvency issues then arising on Pan’s voluntary administration and liquidation, and in subsequent class action litigation against the Commonwealth of Australia