Nathan is a senior associate in the Finance, Real Estate and Project (FREP) based in the Johannesburg office.
Nathan specialises in project finance with a particular focus on corporate finance as well as PPP and concession agreements.
His recent work includes advising on the financing of the Boikarabelo coal project and preparing the RFQ documentation for the recently announced Gautrain procurement.
Nathan holds BA and LLB degrees from Rhodes University.
Experience & expertise
- Lightstruck, a consortium with Eaglestone Capital Holdings being the majority shareholder, on the design, construction, installation and operation of fibre optic infrastructure in various municipal areas in the Western Cape of South Africa
- Bombela on the procurement and financing of additional rolling stock and an expansion of the depot, signalling system and tracks
- Rand Merchant Bank and a syndicate of lenders and ECAs on the financing of the Boikarabelo coal project in the Waterberg region of South Africa
- Standard Bank and Standard Chartered on restructuring the financing for Konkola Copper Mine in Zambia*
- Avnel Gold Mining on EPC Contract negotiations for the development of the Kalana Gold Mine in Mali
* Experience prior to joining HSF in December 2015