Natasha is an associate in the Johannesburg Competition, Regulation and Trade team.
Natasha has assisted in advising various clients in relation to competition law, industry-specific regulatory matters, and cross-border trade in goods and services. In particular, she has worked on a range of matters involving merger control, prohibited practices investigations, and competition compliance advice. Natasha has been involved in several regulatory matters, including in the broadcasting, transport, consumer product, casino and gaming industries.
Natasha Rachwal holds a Bachelor of Arts (with distinction), a Bachelor of Laws (cum laude) and a Master of Laws in international trade law, international commercial transactions and comparative legal studies from the University of Cape Town.
Experience & expertise
- advising a Southern African agro-processing firm in relation to a merger filed with the South African Competition Commission and the Namibian Competition Commission
- advising a global e-hailing platform in relation to its participation in the South African Competition Commission's Online Intermediation Platform Market Inquiry
- advising a renewable energy developer in relation to a merger filed with the South African Competition Commission
- advising multinational private security companies on the localisation requirements introduced in terms of South Africa's Private Security Industry Regulation Amendment Act, 2014
- advising a multinational producer of health and hygiene products on various trade related matters, including in relation to the African Continental Free Trade Area