Mzukisi regularly advises on complex energy and infrastructure projects and has particular expertise on a number of industries, including electricity, gas, petroleum, ports, rail, education and gambling. He helps clients with the review of public decision-making, public procurement, legislative drafting, constitutional and administrative law, human rights and public international law.
His experience includes:
- advised the South African Department of Energy in relation to the Renewable Energy IPP Procurement Programme, the Coal IPP Procurement Programme, the Cogeneration IPP Procurement Programme
- advising Bombela Concession Company in relation to the procurement of additional rolling stock and the expansion of the rail infrastructure for the Gautrain PPP
- advised the Passenger Rail Agency of South Africa in relation to the structuring and implementation of its procurement programme of rolling-stock over a period of 10 years as part of its fleet renewal programme
- advised Kagiso Development Trust on education projects undertaken in collaboration with national and provincial governments, including in particular, the applicability of the public-private partnership regulatory regime to such projects
- advised on and drafted the draft Electricity Regulation Amendment Bill, 2012, the draft National Energy Regulator Amendment Bill and the New Generation Capacity Regulations and the proposed amendments thereto.