Murphy advises major Chinese and international clients in the power, oil and gas and transport sectors on construction projects across Asia, Middle East, Europe, Africa, Australia and South America.
Murphy has extensive experience in both contentious and non-contentious matters, including resolution of complex construction disputes, project life advisory and contract negotiations.
Murphy's experience includes advising:
- a major Chinese contractor in disputes arising from a power plant project in Turkey, including full project lifecycle advice and handling subsequent ICC arbitration proceedings
- a Chinese state-owned enterprise in HKIAC arbitration involving claims arising from an oil and gas project in the Middle East
- a leading Chinese contractor on claims and project execution issues in a multi-billion LNG project in Russia
- a Chinese general contractor on a wide range of disputes and project lifecycle issues in a hydropower project in Pakistan
- a specialist contractor on claims under various contracts for a regional high-speed railway project in Hong Kong