Mónica specialises in public law with a focus on the energy and infrastructure sectors. Prior to joining the firm, Mónica worked for another Spanish leading law firm for two years specialising on the urban planning sector.
Mónica's experience includes advising:
- a leading private equity fund on the analysis from an urban planning and licensing perspective of the acquisition of eighteen Wind Farms in Spain.*
- Plenium Partners on the acquisition of several Wind Farms and photovoltaic plants in Spain.*
- a leading hotel group on recurrent urban planning and licensing advice, in particular over the acquisition of 15 hotels in Spain.*
- a large retail Real Estate Company on the urban planning analysis of the acquisition of a large shopping center in Málaga (Spain).*
- Goldman Sachs on recurrent urban planning and licensing advice over the multiple assets the company has all over Spain.*
*Experience prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills
Mónica holds a double degree in Law and Political Science from the Comillas Pontifical University of Madrid (ICADE), during which she also studied at Kingston University London. She also holds a Diploma in International Relation from Comillas Pontifical University, and a Master's Degree in Legal Practice from Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.