Millie works on a range of domestic and cross-border financing transactions, including acquisition financing, leveraged finance, syndicated lending transactions, sustainable finance products and general banking matters.
Millie's experience includes:
- advised Pacific Equity Partners in relation to its existing investment in Evolution Healthcare, the financing of a series of bolt-on acquisitions and the subsequent sale of Evolution Healthcare*
- advised a mezzanine lender in connection with the acquisition of a portfolio of aged cared homes and retirement villages*
- advised a NZX listed borrower with the implementation of a sustainability linked loan programme across multiple club lenders*
- advised a New Zealand company on its green framework and its inaugural Green Loan*
- acted for a New Zealand company on a significant divestment from its capital structure*
- acted for the financiers in relation to the refinancing of Napier Ports prior to its IPO on the NZX*
- acted for major New Zealand banks in relation to general corporate financing across a range of sectors (including retirement villages, hospitality, packaging and financial services)*
- acted for UDC Finance on the establishment of its $2 billion warehouse securitisation and its inaugural term securitisation*
*experience prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills
Millie is admitted as a Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand. She is a graduate of University of Canterbury, New Zealand, with a Bachelor of Law and Bachelor of Commerce.