Miles assists his clients with employment aspects of commercial transactions, employment advice, investigations, litigation and work, health and safety (WHS) matters.
He helps clients conduct matters in the Federal Court of Australia and the Equity and Common Law divisions of the NSW Supreme Court (including workplace, employment, restraint of trade and breach of confidence matters) and also in the Coronial and District Court (including WHS matters).
Accolades Recognised by various legal guides including Asia Pacific 500, Best Lawyers, and Chambers. Listed in Doyles Guide 2016 as one of the few “preeminent” employment and industrial relations lawyers in Australia.
- Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Australian Labour Law Association
- Australian Human Resources Institute
- Australian and New Zealand Sports Law Association
- President’s Council
- Audit and Risk Committee of the Art Gallery of New South Wales
Miles’ experience includes:
- acting for ASX listed companies and Australian professional service firms in Federal Court and state Supreme Court proceedings
- advising Morgan Stanley on the Australian employment aspects of its US$2.7 billion global joint venture with Citi
- conducting a board initiated work health and safety review for Westpac including 260 interviews, 60 site visits and the facilitation of 12 focus groups
Miles holds a combined Bachelor of Arts and Laws degree from the University of Tasmania.