Mike has advised clients including sponsors, lenders and government institutions in relation to major projects and infrastructure finance matters across multiple jurisdictions including Australia, Korea, New Zealand and other developing nations.
Mike is dual qualified in Australia (NSW) and New Zealand, and his previous practice experience at a top ranked law firm in Korea has given him significant exposure to cross-border transactions in both developed and developing nations.
Mike's experience includes advising:
- Korean Lender/sponsor on US$600 million investment into a natural gas-fired, combined-cycle power plant with a nominal capacity of 1,085MW located in Michigan
- Korean consortium comprised of a state pension fund and a private entity on the A$125 million acquisition of a minority stake in Endeavour Energy (NSW)
- lenders on a EUR70 million investment into wind farm developments in Sweden
- a consortium comprised of financial, strategic and construction investors from Korea and Hong Kong on its bid for the Malaysia-Singapore High Speed Railway Project
- lenders on US$600 million investment by way of senior notes into a natural gas liquefaction project in Texas
Mike graduated from Auckland University in 2015 with a double degree in Law and Commerce (Finance). Mike is admitted to practice in Australia (NSW) and New Zealand.