Miguel has experience on dealing with dispute cases both in civil and criminal matters, including advocacy before the Spanish Courts. In addition, he has a background on (international and domestic) arbitration proceedings.
His professional practice is oriented to support clients on difficult scenarios and complex litigation cases.
Apart from a long experience acting as counsel of clients in front of the Spanish Courts (more than 70 hearings and more than 25 different criminal matters), he has expertise on arbitration cases and on the preparation of corporate defence protocols in the context of the Spanish Criminal Code.
In addition, he has an academic background: He is a professor on procedural law in IE University and Universidad Complutense de Madrid.
Miguel's experience includes:
- an important Spanish family holding: acting as defendant's counsel in several related litigation cases concerning the ownership of the Holding Company. The value of the claim is €400 million
- a large Spanish manufacturer: acting as counsel in an ICC international arbitration raised due to several quality defects in photovoltaic modules provided. The value of the claim is €60 million
- one of the main Spanish financial entities: acting as counsel in civil proceedings arising from the sale of a group of companies. The value of the claim is €15 million
- a Spanish financial entity: acting as defendant's counsel in litigation proceedings regarding the enforcement of a pledge guarantee against a large Spanish corporate. The value of the claim is €40 million
- a large mining company: Acting as counsel in several criminal proceeding with regard to a mining project located in Seville