As a senior associate in the Madrid office, Miguel advises on a wide range of legal matters related to the energy and infrastructures businesses, including mergers and acquisitions, commercial agreements and project development, with a particular focus on power, renewables and oil & gas.
Miguel is used to acting for both industrial clients and investment funds, foreign and Spanish, in multijurisdictional and complex projects and transactions.
In addition to his previous in-house experience in the energy sector, during 2015, Miguel was seconded to a multinational client acting in the oil business.
He is a member of the Latin America and Africa Groups. Recognised in Best Lawyers for Energy Law and Corporate and M&A Law.
- Engie, together with Crédit Agricole Assurances, on the acquisition of up to 100% of the share capital of the Spanish company Eolia Renovables from Alberta Investment Management Corporation
- Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. (KKR) on its €417 million acquisition of a one-third stake in Acciona Energía International, a Spanish company focused on operating the renewables assets of Acciona Group outside of Spain
- Brookfield Asset Management on all legal aspects related to the intended acquisition of E.ON's Spanish energy business including 4.6GW of conventional and renewable energy generation capacity comprised of wind and hydroelectric assets and coal and gas-fired power plants, a 33,000km electricity distribution grid and 600,000 customer supply business
- a Spanish oil & gas company on its potential acquisition of a publicly traded oil and gas company, with E&P assets in, among others, Colombia and Brazil, that trades on the New York Stock Exchange and the Toronto Stock Exchange
- Eliantus Energy on the disposal of a portfolio of 22 photovoltaic plants with an aggregate power of 74.7MW in Spain to Sonnedix Group, from Elliott and JZ International
- an oil & gas company on the potential acquisition of a public company traded in TSX, NYSE and BVC with oil & gas assets in Colombia, Peru, Ecuador and Brazil
- Sojitz Corporation on all legal aspects in relation to the acquisition of an interest in Regasificadora del Noroeste
- ERG on its bid for the acquisition of EDPR's stake in eight wind plants located in Cataluña and Castilla La-Mancha, Spain
- Sustainable Development Capital Energy Efficiency Income Trust (SEEIT) on the acquisition of a portfolio of nine cogeneration projects in Spain from Sacyr Industrial Renovables, the first acquisition of this client in Spain. The portfolio included five combined heat and power (CHP) plants, two olive processing plants and two biomass plants
- Solarig Holding, a Spanish developer and IPP company, on the sale to Q-Energy and Sonnedix, respectively, of its Spanish and Italian portfolios of operating solar photovoltaic projects after an auction process
Miguel has a Law Degree and a Business Administration Degree from the Universidad Complutense de Madrid and post graduate studies in International Maritime Law from Instituto Marítimo Español.
Prior to joining HSF, Miguel worked for a leading Spanish law firm and has also in-house experience working for a multinational Spanish company in the energy business.
Miguel speaks Spanish, English and Portuguese.