Miguel is a junior associate in the finance practice in the Madrid office.
He advises banks, funds, lenders, borrowers and sponsors on the structuring and implementation of sophisticated financing transactions, including acquisition finance, project finance, real estate finance, restructurings and corporate finance.
Miguel's experience includes advising:
- a syndicate of lenders including ING, Banco Santander, CaixaBank, Targo Bank, Tresmares, Amundi, Alantra, among others, on the refinancing of the debt of Garnica Group, the global leader in plywood industry, participated by ICG
- SCOR Investment Partners SE, as original lender, on the Spanish-law governed €49 million facilities agreement granted to certain subsidiaries of Vauban Infrastructure Partners for the purposes of refinancing the existing financial indebtedness in connection with four district heating projects located in several regions of Spain
- a syndicate of financial institutions including Tresmares Santander Direct Lending SICC, Banco Santander, CaixaBank, Banco de Crédito Social Cooperativo, Targo Bank and Oquendo, as lenders, on the financing granted to Global Agro Investment, subsidiary of Fremman Capital and holding company of the group "The Natural Fruit Company", for the purposes of (i) refinancing the existing indebtedness of the group, (ii) financing future potential acquisitions; and (iii) financing Capex/working capital needs of the group
- Banco Santander, BBVA, Caixabank and Banco Sabadell, as lenders, on the financing for the acquisition of a majority stake of the shares in Ferrovial Servicios, -Ferrovial's infrastructure maintenance services, - by Portobello Capital, one of Spain's major private capital firms
- a French international banking group, as mandated lead arranger, bookrunner and original lender, on the English law refinancing of the debt of Sol HTL Project, a wholly owned subsidiary of Archer Hotel Capital, which owns the five star Hotel Edition in Madrid, the newest luxury Marriott hotel
Miguel has a dual degree in law and business administration from Universidad Pontificia Comillas (ICADE), and a master's degree in legal practice (LLM) from Universidad Carlos III in Madrid.
He speaks Spanish and English.