Michelle is a senior lawyer in our Melbourne technology, media and telecommunications team who advises clients on a broad range of complex projects and transactions involving digital transformations, data commercialisation, large-scale supply arrangements, technology and telecommunications. Michelle also specialises in working closely with her clients on strategic matters related to intellectual property, maximising data, privacy and information security.
Michelle’s experience includes advising:
- a leading company on all aspects related to the roll out of a new digital business, including on overarching strategy, regulatory structures and risk, intellectual property, data sharing, funding arrangements and negotiation of the contractual and operational framework between the relevant partners
- National Australia Bank on the technology and data aspects of the demerger of a core business unit, particularly on developing data risk and compliance controls involving complex privacy and data segregation issues
- a telecommunications company on all aspects of a strategic large-scale network equipment and technology supply agreement
- a leading Bank on the procurement of its enterprise wide telecommunications and networks services
- a major Australian financial institution on a media and marketing agreement, involving complex intellectual property, data and information security issues
- an international e-commerce company on the key Australian regulatory requirements associated with its potential business expansion into Australia, including branding protection, privacy requirements, direct marketing and Australian Consumer Law
- a major Australian financial institution on drafting and negotiating data sharing and commercialisation agreements
Michelle graduated from the University of Canberra with a Bachelor of Laws (Hons) and a Bachelor of Arts. Prior to HSF, Michelle spent 6 years working as a senior lawyer for Telstra.