Michelle advises clients on complex technology projects, including large transformational platform implementations. Michelle supports her clients by providing assistance through multi-vendor negotiations and provides strategic advice in regards to legal frameworks and documentation.
Michelle advises clients on the obligations of various Australian privacy laws, information governance and data security, including in relation to the mandatory data breach notification scheme and handling difficult data and security breaches. She helps clients maximise the value of their data assets while meeting legal obligations.
Michelle’s experience includes:
- advising healthcare, fintech, education and sporting clients on privacy compliance obligations, including privacy impact assessments for big data projects
- advising various clients in regard to data breach incidents, including cross-border implications, risk assessments, remediation, and dealings with forensic investigators, regulators, PR advisers and affected individuals
- drafting and negotiating numerous software development, software license, systems integration, service level, support and maintenance, and hosting agreements
- advising on, drafting and negotiating agreements for technology transformation projects and for major technology and business process outsourcing agreements
- advising multinational corporate groups on global data transfers, including developing global solutions designed to meet the regulatory requirements of multiple jurisdictions
Michelle graduated from Monash University with a Bachelor of Arts and a Bachelor of Laws (Honours). She is a member of the International Association of Privacy Professionals and the Law Institute of Victoria.