Michael is a corporate law specialist and has extensive experience advising clients on mergers and acquisitions (public and private), equity raisings, joint ventures, shareholders agreements, energy, resources and infrastructure projects, and general corporate matters involving the Corporations Act, ASX Listing Rules and Australia’s foreign investment framework.
Michael’s experience includes acting for:
- BHP on the development of the South Flank Iron Ore Project
- Sociedad Quimica y Minera de Chile S.A. on its joint venture arrangements with Kidman Resources in relation to the Mt Holland Lithium Project
- Independence Group on its $1.8 billion acquisition of Sirius Resources by way of scheme of arrangement and its acquisition of Orion Minerals’ Fraser Range mining tenements
- Evolution Mining on its $300 million acquisition of La Mancha Resources’ Frog’s Leg and White Foil gold assets and $74 million off-market takeover of Phoenix Gold
- Alinta Energy on its $4 billon trade sale to Chow Tai Fook Enterprises
- Tembo Capital on its investments in Genmin, Orion Minerals, Nzuri Copper and Laguna Gold
Michael holds a Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Western Australia.
Michael is admitted as a Barrister and Solicitor in the Supreme Court of Western Australia and the High Court of Australia.