Melissa is an experienced commercial litigator. She works with her clients to navigate complex, large-scale disputes including class actions and regulatory investigations. Melissa is client-focussed and develops lasting relationships because of her commercial and practical approach to challenging issues.
Melissa’s experience includes the following matters:
- defending a securities class action brought by multiple plaintiffs, which is presently before the Supreme Court of NSW
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia in relation to the AUSTRAC civil penalty proceedings
- NAB in its defence of the shareholder class action relating to collateralised debt obligations
- a major financial institution in relation to multiple criminal and civil regulatory investigations
- a global mining and resources company on various issues, including class action risk, arising from the failure of a major asset
- an ASX 100 company in settling disputes and threatened class action proceedings with a large number of franchisees
- Ausgrid, Endeavour Energy and Essential Energy, in Competition Tribunal proceedings involving 15 parties and interveners, successfully challenging the Australian Energy Regulator’s revenue determination
- strategic advice to a number of clients on regulatory issues including anti-bribery and corruption and anti-money laundering and counter terrorism financing compliance and investigations
Melissa holds a Bachelor of Laws (First Class Honours) from the University of New South Wales and a Bachelor of Economics (Social Sciences) from the University of Sydney.
She was admitted to practise in December 2010.