Melanie’s principal areas of practice include corporate finance (including syndicated and acquisition finance), property finance and project finance transactions.
Melanie has experience acting for large financial institutions and multinational corporations on a broad range of financing transactions across multiple jurisdictions. This breadth of experience, together with her commercial background as a Chartered Accountant, allows Melanie to support her clients across a wide variety of debt financing transactions, and to identify and resolve issues in a commercially sensible way.
- acting for a consortium of sponsors in connection with the $8 billion project financing of the Roy Hill iron ore project in Western Australia
- acting for BHP Billiton as sponsor, lender, shareholder and off-taker on the $4 billion project financing of the Newcastle coal export terminal facility and subsequent expansion and refinancing
- acting for NAB on a range of financing matters
- acting for Toll Holdings on its financing arrangements
- acting for Orica in relation to the demerger of DuluxGroup and its financing arrangements
Melanie is admitted to practice in the Supreme Court of Victoria and was also a Chartered Accountant. She has completed Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Laws (Honours) degrees at the University of Melbourne.