Melanie helps clients achieve strong commercial outcomes in complex and strategic contractual matters. She has a particular focus on IP and technology, and works with clients on commercialisation, IP structuring, IP advice and IP aspects of business sales, major projects and joint ventures.
Melanie also helps clients manage regulatory risks and advises on pharmaceutical and consumer law regulatory issues. She has over 20 years experience, working in sectors including pharmaceutical and life sciences, TMT, consumer, infrastructure, resources, and financial services.
Melanie’s recent experience includes advising on:
- IP aspects of a multi-jurisdictional JV involving the retailing of a sportswear brand across Asia;
- the franchise of a Italian designer brand in the Middle East;
- the IP, distribution and brand licensing aspects of the sale of Wesfarmers Insurance to IAG;
- IP and regulatory aspects of various private equity acquisitions and investments; and
- a wide range of matters for pharmaceutical, medical device and biotech companies, including acquisitions and divestments, licensing and other commercial arrangements and IP and regulatory advice.
Melanie has a Juris Doctor and Bachelor of Arts with Distinction, both from the University of Virginia. Melanie is an Australian legal practitioner and a member of the Virginia State Bar.