Maxwell represents domestic and international companies in high-stakes litigation in the U.S., with a focus on cross-border commercial, product liability and ESG litigation. He also advises companies on disputes in Canada and South America.
Maxwell has appeared as trial counsel in U.S. state and federal courts on behalf of clients in a range of industries, including consumer products, real estate, TMT and life settlements. He also routinely provides risk management advice on issues relating to contract terms, product expectations and disclosures across various sectors, including financial services, tobacco, food and beverage, and energy and mining.
Maxwell's experience includes:
- coordinating counsel to UK consumer products manufacturer in billion dollar health care recoupment lawsuits filed by governments in Canada and Brazil
- coordinating counsel to Italian energy company in climate change litigation in California state and federal courts
- legal advisor to Australian energy company on risks of “greenwashing” litigation attendant to ESG disclosures in U.S. state and federal courts
- legal advisor to Hong Kong supply chain manager in pre-litigation negotiation with major U.S. retailer concerning supply chain breakdown
- legal advisor to Bermudan reinsurer on risks of loss inflation in disputes litigated in U.S. state and federal courts
- legal advisor to Thai satellite operations provider concerning interpretation of satellite operating contract under Virginia law
- trial counsel to Thai security technology company in contractual dispute involving ITAR-regulated armaments in New York federal court
- trial counsel to U.S. industrial and consumer products manufacturer in nationwide state and federal class action product liability litigation*
- trial counsel to U.S. real estate development company in half-billion dollar contractual dispute concerning life settlements investment in California federal court*
- trial counsel to U.S. real estate technology company in series of contractual disputes in state and federal courts*
- appellate counsel to U.S. software technology company in cross-border intellectual property dispute in California federal court*
*Indicates experience acquired at a previous firm.
Maxwell obtained his J.D. from Fordham Law School and his B.A., summa cum laude, from Lehigh University.
Following law school, Maxwell spent two years in government clerking for the Honorable Claire C. Cecchi of the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey, and the Honorable Jessica R. Mayer of the Superior Court of New Jersey, Multicounty Litigation Part (Pharmaceutical Mass Tort).