Matthias has a range of experience on non-contentious and contentious restructuring matters, formal insolvency appointments and other aspects of underperforming or distressed corporates. He advises insolvency practitioners, financial institutions, creditors, directors and corporates.
Matthias' experience includes advising:
- Sea Trucks Group Limited (in Liquidation) and related entities in relation to multinational disputes with the former management, shareholder and associate company of the group, resulting in over 100 proceedings worldwide;
- the administrators of the Nortel EMEA business in relation to the global insolvency of the Nortel group including in respect of the global settlement and the subsequent pan-European CVAs;
- a major infrastructure fund on the restructuring of a significant PFI project;
- CGN Europe Energy (CGN EE) and Hermes Infrastructure on the joint acquisition of a 813MW portfolio of five Swedish onshore wind farms from Aquila Capital; and
- an international oil and gas company in relation to a contractual dispute, which proceeded to trial in the High Court.
Matthias read Philosophy and French at St. Catherine's College, Oxford, graduating with a first class degree in 2016.
Matthias advises in English, German and French.