- advising a major UK bank on a portfolio of claims arising out of the sale of interest rate hedging products
- Jyske Bank (Gibraltar) Limited on a claim in the Supreme Court of Gibraltar for dishonest assistance brought by the liquidators of a former customer, whose partners had been imprisoned for fraud
- an international trading bank on a fraud perpetrated by one of its customers resulting in a default of $42.5million under a revolving credit facility
- an international energy company in two successful LCIA arbitrations regarding breach of contract by a power and water company in the Middle East
- a leading insurance company in legal advice and an investigation following a notice from the European Commission.
Maryam studied law at the University of Sheffield, graduating in 2012. During her time at Herbert Smith Freehills, she has completed her Higher Rights qualifications to become a solicitor advocate and spent three months as a Judicial Assistant at the High Court in London.