Martyn has developed considerable experience working with a number of clients on a range of corporate matters including private acquisitions and disposals, shareholder arrangements and group restructurings with a particular focus on the pharmaceutical, technology and asset management sectors.
His work has covered a number of jurisdictions including notable experience working with clients based in India.
Martyn's experience includes advising:
- Strides Pharma Science Limited, an Indian listed pharmaceuticals company, on the AUD 394 million sale of its entire Australian business, including Arrow Pharmaceuticals to Arrotex (a vehicle established for the purpose of combining Arrow Pharmaceuticals with the Australian and New Zealand businesses of Apotex Inc.)
- Sterling Pharma Solutions Limited on its sale to GHO Capital
- Aurobindo on its EUR 74 million acquisition of Apotex's European operations
- WH Smith plc on its class 1 acquisition of Marshall Retail Group (a US retailer)
- Synthomer plc on its acquisition of OMNOVA Solutions Inc., a global manufacturer of emulsion polymers, specialty chemicals, and functional and decorative surfaces
Martyn was educated at Cambridge University and BPP University College, London. Martyn joined Herbert Smith Freehills in 2011 and qualified in March 2013.