Martyn is a senior associate in our London real estate team and specialises in planning, consents and environment law.
Martyn has extensive knowledge of dealing with commercial and residential development within central London boroughs, as well as advising on several nationally significant infrastructure projects.
He provides pre-application advice, as well as assistance with the negotiation of planning applications, section 106 and highways agreements, environmental impact assessment, habitats regulations, permitted development rights, plan-making and development plan documents, planning conditions, the community infrastructure levy and compulsory acquisition.
Martyn also regularly works alongside the Real Estate department in relation to pre-lettings and financings.
Experience & expertise
- providing strategic planning advice to British Land in relation to its proposals for the Canada Water Masterplan in the London Borough of Southwark
- advising AQUIND Limited on its proposals for a development consent order to construct a £1.1 billion electricity interconnector between the UK and France, including the judicial review challenge to the decision to refuse development consent
- providing strategic planning advice to the Madison Square Garden Company on its proposals for the MSG Sphere London at Stratford City
- advising Berkley Homes on its proposals for a new mixed-use residential led neighbourhood at Borough Triangle in the Elephant & Castle Opportunity Area in the London Borough of Southwark
- advising Gatwick Airport Limited on the proposed development consent order relating to expansion of Gatwick Airport via the routine use of the Northern Runway
- providing planning advice to GLA Land and Property Limited in relation to the delivery of consented proposals for Silvertown Quays in the Royal Docks.