Martyn has extensive knowledge of dealing with commercial and residential development within central London boroughs, as well as advising on several nationally significant infrastructure projects.
He provides pre-application advice, as well as assistance with the negotiation of planning applications, section 106 and highways agreements, environmental impact assessment, habitats regulations, permitted development rights, plan-making and development plan documents, planning conditions, the community infrastructure levy and compulsory acquisition.
Martyn also regularly works alongside the Real Estate department in relation to pre-lettings and financings.
Martyn's experience includes :
- providing strategic planning advice to British Land in relation to its proposals for the Canada Water Masterplan in the London Borough of Southwark
- advising AQUIND Limited on its proposals for a development consent order to construct a £1.1 billion electricity interconnector between the UK and France, including the judicial review challenge to the decision to refuse development consent
- providing strategic planning advice to the Madison Square Garden Company on its proposals for the MSG Sphere London at Stratford City
- advising Berkley Homes on its proposals for a new mixed-use residential led neighbourhood at Borough Triangle in the Elephant & Castle Opportunity Area in the London Borough of Southwark
- advising Gatwick Airport Limited on the proposed development consent order relating to expansion of Gatwick Airport via the routine use of the Northern Runway
- providing planning advice to GLA Land and Property Limited in relation to the delivery of consented proposals for Silvertown Quays in the Royal Docks.