Martin has extensive experience in financial and regulatory disputes.
He regularly advises leading financial institutions, as well as their managers, in the context of actions initiated against them before courts or in the context of disciplinary proceedings before the French financial regulators (namely the AMF and the ACPR).
Martin has indisputable experience in handling complex litigation for any type of financial institution, such as: banks, asset management companies, insurance companies or payment institutions who Martin advises on all their regulatory issues.
His experience includes issues related to AML-CFT, derivatives litigation, sanctions and embargos, mis-seling of life insurance contracts and other structured products. More generally, Martin assists financial institutions and their managers in all issues related to the professional obligations and good conduct to which they are subject.
Martin has also great experience in advising listed companies and their managers in the context of AMF investigations regarding market abuse issues (especially insider trading and market manipulation).
He regularly publishes articles on banking and finance litigation subjects and money laundering issues, in both French and English. He also provides training on market abuse issues to law enforcement authorities.
Martin's experience includes:
- assisting a major insurance company on investigations led by the ACPR into alleged breaches of regulations applicable to pension insurance contracts
- advising a major payment institution in the context of disciplinary proceedings initiated against it by the ACPR on AML-CFT compliance failures alleged by the regulator
- assisting a French listed company in the context of an AMF investigation regarding potential insider trading committed just before the announcement of a major public take over bid
- advising a leading asset management company in a high-profile regulatory case before the AMF regarding the management fees charged over 130 funds
- assisting an Austrian bank in the money transfer and FX sector in the context of disciplinary proceedings initiated against it by the ACPR on alleged failures on AML-CFT rules
- advising a money transfer company in an ACPR investigation into the AML-CFT processes at its British and French entities
- assisting and representing a Portuguese bank in the context of an investigation carried out by the Banque de France, which alleges that the bank did not comply with its professional obligations on refinancing operations as a member of Eurosystem
- representing France’s leading Internet health insurance broker in the context of a disciplinary procedure initiated by the ACPR on potential violations of the laws and regulations applicable to insurance intermediaries
- assisting a private equity fund, in the context of an investigation by the AMF into its process and control rules in place
- assisting a top manager of a listed company the context of an AMF investigation regarding potential insider trading committed before the acquisition by a private equity fund
- assisting an insurance company, a subsidiary of a major French bank, in the context of an investigation by the ACPR into the company's compliance with AML-CFT regulations
Martin graduated from University of Paris II Panthéon-Assas with a Professional Master’s degree in Banking and Financial Law, and from EM Lyon business school where he graduated from the high school program.