Martin Le Touzé regularly acts for investment banks, fund managers and other financial institutions in contentious matters. His experience encompasses all aspects of contentious regulatory matters such as internal investigations, representing financial institutions and their employees who are under investigation by regulators, and representing clients in enforcement and disciplinary proceedings brought by the AMF or the ACPR.
Martin also has experience in litigation and regulatory issues arising from the dealing, advice and investment management activities of financial institutions in relation to securities, derivatives, structured products and other complex investment banking/capital markets activities.
Martin has been on a part-time secondment, working for a major French Asset Management company helping the company set up an evaluation procedure in respect of UCITS commercialisation litigation risks. Martin has also been on a part-time secondment in a major English bank.
He graduated from University Paris II where he received a Professional Master in banking and financial law degree, and from EM Lyon business school where he obtained a Master of Science in Management.
Martin regularly publishes articles in both French and English on banking and finance litigation subjects, as well as money laundering issues.
Martin's experience includes:
- defending a German public company in the framework of various litigations regarding structured swaps against French public authorities*
- defending an Austrian bank in its capacity as issuer in a dispute against a French fund. The total amount claimed is over €220m*
- defending a major portfolio management company in the framework of an investigation carried out by the AMF regarding potential insider dealing*
- defending an insurance broker in a disciplinary proceedings before the ACPR*
- defending an investment bank before the Enforcement Committee of the AMF in disciplinary proceedings regarding various bond issues*
- assisting and representing a French bank in its capacity as lender in legal proceedings concerning the seizure of an aircraft*
*Prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills