Marta joined Herbert Smith Freehills in 2019 as an associate of the Litigation, ADR and Arbitration practice in Madrid. She has an extensive experience in civil and trade proceedings. She is specialized in litigation, pre-insolvency and insolvency law, including advocacy before the Spanish Courts.
She has been involved in a significant number of insolvency proceedings across all phases. She has advised both companies in insolvency and creditors at insolvency proceedings, as well as filing mandatary insolvency petitions in the name of this creditors. In addition to the above, she has been involved in restructuring and refinancing transactions.
Marta also has experience in loan portfolio acquisitions.
- Cabot Credit Management
- on the insolvency proceedings of their debtors*
- on different legal Due Diliegencies in the acquisition of portfolios of NPLs* a global investment management firm on legal advice and representation related to the acquisition of a claim portfolio from a Spanish energy company
- a leading English private bank on the insolvency proceedings of its debtors in order to recover the debt
- a leading Europe company on its insolvency proceedings*
- a leading Spanish security company on its pre-insolvency and after that, on its insolvency proceedings*
- a real estate and financial company on its position, as creditor of different companies, in an insolvency situation in several portfolios called "Project Goya", "Project Normandia" and "Project Tambo". Our services consist on the advice rendered to the client in relation to urge the compulsory insolvency against the debtors. In particular, our services include not just the request of insolvency order to the Court but also the advice during all the phases of the Insolvency proceedings
- a leading global investment on advice and legal representation, as well as all NPL work-out related work
- a leading global investment firm on the potential acquisition of a NPLs portfolio from Banco Santander
- a real estate company in Spain and Portugal on its position, as creditor, in the insolvency proceedings of a Spanish real estate construction company
- a French fashion retailer on its pre insolvency situation in Spain and in relation to the potential risks and liabilities for the sole director and the shareholder of the company in view of its financial situation
- a family company dedicated to regional distribution, transport and storage in the food sector on its pre-insolvency and insolvency petition
- a multi-asset alternative investment firm on (i) legal advice and representation, as creditor, of different companies in several insolvency proceedings and (ii) the termination of an operations contract in the context of an insolvency proceedings
- an end-to-end service on distressed (NPL & REO) investment opportunities, as a creditor of an insolvent debtor, on filing an application to the courts to issue an insolvency order as well as advice throughout the Insolvency proceedings
- Arbuthnot Latham on the insolvency proceedings of its debtor to recover the debt
*Experience prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills
She has a law degree from the Universidad Complutense de Madrid and after specializing attending different courses and congresses in insolvency law, she completed an executive program Trade Law at IE Law School.