Marsha is a member of our financial institutions and FinTech groups. She regularly advises clients on corporate transactions and advisory matters, and has particular experience working with financial services clients.
Marsha takes a highly commercial and practical approach. She has completed client secondments to Marsh, the global insurance broker, as well as a 9-month secondment to Tandem, an early-stage, financial technology (FinTech) company.
Marsha is also a member the firm's Africa practice, and has advised the Government of Sierra Leone (as part of the firm's Fair Deal Sierra Leone initiative), particularly in relation to the investment landscape and investment legislation.
Marsha's experience includes advising:
- Tandem, a FinTech company, on various equity and debt fundraising rounds (from existing investors, overseas investment funds and European banks), including a planned equity £35 million investment by the Sanpower Group
- NabInvest Holdings Limited (the investment arm of National Australia Bank) on its joint venture to operate a UK-based boutique global equities fund manager
- an investment fund on its acquisition of a minority stake in a private bank in Angola
- Scottish Widows Bank on the sale of its c.£243 million equity release mortgage loan portfolio
- corporate and insurance regulatory advice to various regulated financial entities, including Charles Taylor plc, Friends Life, Canada Life, MoneySupermarket, Scottish Widows and Crédit Agricole
Previously, Marsha was a management consultant in the financial services division at Accenture, where she focused on retail banking and mortgages. There, she spent 18 months on secondment to Lloyds Banking Group (LBG).