Based in Singapore, Mark advises on major infrastructure and energy projects. With over 12 years' experience, he covers the structuring, risk analysis, bankability and procurement aspects of major projects using a range of innovative and bespoke procurement methodologies.
His practice includes advising on tolling and manufacturing arrangements, as well as general advice on project execution and the issues that arise during contract administration. Mark regularly works with bespoke and industry forms of contract, including FIDIC, and is particularly specialised in advising on, negotiating and drafting for unique and complex issues.
Mark's experience includes advising:
- Gazprom Pererabotka on its €16 billion gas processing plant to be located in the Amur region of the Russian Federation
- Petronas on the procurement and construction of the US$25 billon refinery and petrochemical integrated complex in the Johor province of Malaysia
- a confidential client on its bid on the Kuala Lumpur to Singapore High Speed Rail project
- the Brunei Economic Development Board on the development of a refinery, petrochemical and aromatics complex on Pulau Muara Besar island development
- Tube Lines Limited as part of its in-house Bechtel team and E.ON Ruhrgas (now Uniper) in its LNG division
Mark has a bachelor's degree in commerce and a bachelor's degree in law from the University of Stellenbosch, South Africa, and is qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales and as an attorney in South Africa.