He is the immediate past Global CEO of HSF having served for two terms from 2014-2020. He was also Chair of the firm's Global Executive, Chair of the Global Diversity & Inclusion Group and a Member of the HSF Global Partnership Council.
As Global CEO Mark was responsible for developing and driving the firm's “Beyond 2020” global strategy, which centred on five key areas:
- Clients, sectors and products
- People, performance and leadership
- Service delivery
- Innovation and technology
- Geographic platforms
This was an ambitious growth strategy that resulted in:
- Eight office openings, with a focus on EMEA and Asia
- Strong and sustained financial performance, leading to significant revenue and profit growth
- Developing the firm's global nearshoring, technology enabled and low-cost Alternative Legal Services business, which accelerated innovation and enabled the firm to reduce costs to clients
- Over 150 partner promotions and 75 lateral partner appointments to support of ongoing renewal and growth of the business
Both visionary and strategic, Mark enjoys aligning agendas, integrating cultures and helping teams discover their purpose. He firmly believes in the importance of fostering a vibrant and productive culture, and ensuring his people are well prepared to collaborate, adapt and grow in an ever-changing environment.
Mark is now focused on bringing the outside in for the firm. His strong global insights and connections, along with extensive cross sector experience, combine to give him the foresight to ensure HSF clients and teams have access to market leading thinking and service.
Mark is highly skilled at making complex situations simpler, while generating momentum to grow market share. He excels at bringing the right people together to get things done – identifying market opportunities then marshalling internal capabilities to convert the opportunity.