Mark is responsible for developing and driving our vision to be “a world class professional services business bringing together the best people to achieve the best results”. He spearheaded the launch of our “Beyond 2020” global strategy, which centres on five key areas: clients, sectors and products; people, performance and leadership; service delivery; innovation and technology; and platform.
Under Mark’s guidance the firm has made significant progress towards its strategic goals including:
- Continued strong financial performance including year-on-year growth in revenue and profit
- Collaboration across offices and regions to enable us to deepen relationships with key clients and compete more successfully for premium cross-border mandates
- Delivery of an ambitious growth strategy resulting in the launch of several new offices, with a particular focus on EMEA and Asia
- Launching the firm's global Alternative Legal Services business to build on the success of our Belfast office and rapidly extending it into Australia and China
Mark is also a member of the firm's Council, co-chair of the Global Executive and Chairman of the Global Diversity and Inclusivity Group. He is also a member of the Business Council of Australia and the Financial Services Institute of Australia.
Mark is a Board Member of the European Australian Business Council, Redkite Children's Charity and Marymount International School.
Awards and recognition:
- International Firm of the Year at the Australasian Law Awards 2016
- Most Innovative International Law Firm at FT Asia-Pacific Innovative Lawyers Awards 2016
- Legal Innovators of the Year at The American Lawyer Transatlantic Elite Awards 2016
- Firm of the Year Award at the Australian Law Awards 2015
- HSF ranked 12th in the 2016 edition of Law360 Global 20
Prior to becoming our CEO Mark has been a member of the management team for some time having led a number of practice groups including Head of the Banking group and Head of the Corporate Practice. Additionally he undertook the role of managing our client portfolio as Managing Partner, Clients and Industries. Mark joined the firm in 1988 and became a partner in 1996.