Mark has extensive experience in mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, project development, and commodity sales and transportation. In respect of the oil and gas sector, Mark has experience across the entire value chain from upstream M&A and project development through to the downstream marketing of refined products, including LNG and petrochemical products.
Mark has previously spent over 5 years based in the United Arab Emirates where he advised on transactions and projects across the Middle East and North Africa.
Mark is listed as a Rising Star in Energy & Natural Resources by Euromoney's Expert Guide 2017 and 2018.
Mark's recent experience includes advising:
- Santos on the US$2.15b acquisition of Quadrant Energy from Macquarie, Brookfield and their co-investors
- ConocoPhillips and the Darwin LNG shareholders in relation to possible backfill gas processing arrangements for the Darwin LNG plant
- Korea Gas Corporation on the Rovuma Basin LNG and upstream gas project in Mozambique
- China ZhenHua Oil on the Development and Production Service Contract entered into with the Iraq Ministry of Oil in respect of the East Baghdad field in Iraq
- CEFC China Energy Company Limited on its acquisition of an interest in the ADCO onshore oil and gas concession in Abu Dhabi from ADNOC
- Gazprom Neft in its capacity as operator of the Badra oil field in Iraq, including on the interpretation of the provisions of the Development and Production Service Contract
- a confidential Middle East state-owned entity on spot and master LNG sale and purchase agreements for its regasification facilities
Mark holds a Bachelor of Laws and a Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Western Australia. Mark is admitted to practice across Australia.
Mark is also a member of the Association of International Petroleum Negotiators.