His experience on some of Australia’s most prominent insolvency administrations and restructures – including Ansett, Babcock & Brown, One.Tel, United Medical Protection, ERG, Elders, Gunns, Godfreys, I-Med, Retail Adventures and Nexus Energy – has made Mark a highly sought-after practitioner.
Mark has extensive experience advising stakeholders in corporate distress situations, including administrators, liquidators and receivers, secured and unsecured lenders and other creditors, mezzanine financiers and bondholders, vendors and purchasers of distressed assets, and boards and shareholders of distressed entities. Mark’s clients include Australian and international banks, major Australian insolvency firms, major Australian ASX-listed corporations, private equity firms and distressed debt funds.
Mark is recognised by Best Lawyers as one of Australia’s leading lawyers in the areas of Litigation and Insolvency & Reorganisation Law.
Mark’s recent experience includes:
- I-Med and Godfreys restructures
- Advising and pursuing recovery actions on behalf of the liquidators of Retail Adventures which operated 268 discount variety stores across Australia under the brand names of Sam’s Warehouse, Go-Lo, Crazy Clark’s and Chickenfeed
- Significant property receiverships including the A$300 million Chatswood Transport Interchange development, Sydney and Melbourne CBD office buildings and the South Sydney Leagues Club redevelopment
- Acting for Seven Group in relation to its acquisition of Nexus Energy Limited via a deed of company arrangement and Court orders under section 444GA of the Corporations Act
Mark has extensive experience advising stakeholders in corporate distress situations including:
- administrators, liquidators and receivers
- secured and unsecured lenders and other creditors
- mezzanine financiers and bondholders
- vendors and purchasers of distressed assets
- boards and shareholders of distressed entities
Mark's clients include major Australian and international banks, all major Australian insolvency firms, major Australian ASX-listed corporations, private equity firms and distressed debt funds.
Mark is admitted as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales, the Federal Court of Australia and the High Court of Australia.
He holds degrees in Commerce and Law from the University of New South Wales and was awarded the University Medal for law in 1987.