He has advised clients on investment-grade, high-yield bonds and medium-term note programmes. He has experience across a range of industry sectors including energy, financial institutions, public infrastructure, manufacturing and industrials, transport, consumer, gaming and real estate.
Marcus's experience includes advising:
- UHI CAPITAL LTD. as issuer and Guangdong Energy Group Co., Ltd. as guarantor on the issue of US$500 million3%. guaranteed bonds due 2024
- Chongqing Energy Investment Group Co., Ltd. on the issue of U.S.$500 million 5.625% bonds due 2022
- Standard Chartered Bank and others as dealers on the 2018 update to Future Days Limited's US$5 billion Medium Term Note Programme guaranteed by China Merchants Holdings (Hong Kong) Company Limited
- The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited as trustee on the US$100 million 5.3%. perpetual capital securities issued by SDG Finance I Limited and guaranteed by Shandong Gold Group Co., Ltd.
- The Bank of New York Mellon as trustee on the US$800 million 5.5% bonds due 2022 issued by Caiyun International Investment Limited and guaranteed by Yunnan Metropolitan Construction Investment Group Co., Ltd.
Marcus holds a bachelor of arts in history from Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia and aa Juris Doctor and postgraduate certificate in laws from the Chinese University of Hong Kong.
Marcus is admitted to practice in Hong Kong.
He speaks English, Cantonese and Mandarin.