Marco has acted as counsel in ad hoc and institutional arbitrations in a broad range of industry sectors and jurisdictions. He has particular experience of energy, M&A and joint venture disputes in Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Africa.
Marco has acted in arbitrations under the ICC, SIAC, CIETAC, HKIAC and LCIA rules and has acted in ad hoc arbitrations under the UNCITRAL rules. He has also advised on arbitration-related court proceedings in England & Wales, Singapore and Hong Kong, and in mediations. He also advises on matters of Public International Law and Business and Human Rights.
Marco joined the firm as a trainee solicitor in 2011 and has worked in the London, Dubai and Abu Dhabi offices. He worked in the firm's international arbitration practice in Hong Kong for over two years and is now based in London.
Marco's experience includes advising and representing:
- Vedanta Resources on a claim under the UK-India Bilateral Investment Treaty arising from the imposition of retrospective tax by the Indian tax authorities
- a leading Chinese oil and gas company and its overseas subsidiary as claimants in a multi-billion dollar arbitration administered by the Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC) related to their investment in a European oil company
- an upstream oil and gas company in LMAA arbitration proceedings in connection with claims for breach of contract and misrepresentation in respect of unpaid day hire for an FPSO
- a Hong Kong company and one of its major shareholders in ICC arbitration proceedings in Singapore arising from an alleged breach of representations and warranties
- a South-East Asian client in its successful claim against a solar power joint venture partner in ICC arbitration in Hong Kong
Marco holds a Bachelor of Laws (with First Class Honours) from UCL and a Master of Laws in public international law from the University of Cambridge. He qualified as a Solicitor in England and Wales in September 2013 and as a Solicitor Advocate in 2018. Marco speaks English and French.