Marc advises UK and international clients on a wide range of matters including recommended and hostile public company takeovers, private company acquisitions and disposals of all sizes, returning value to shareholders, joint ventures and corporate governance.
He is a core member of the Pharmaceuticals sector team and the Consumer Goods sector team.
Marc has many years' experience advising some of the firm's major clients on all sizes of M&A transactions from "bet the firm" transformational transactions to small, strategic bolt-on acquisitions. He also regularly advises leading FTSE 100 companies on matters of corporate law and governance.
Marc has extensive experience acting on M&A transactions in the Pharmaceuticals sector. This experience means Marc is extremely familiar with the sector specific issues that typically arise. As a result, Marc is are able to ensure that the issues clients really care about are properly addressed and to add significant value to the transaction.
Marc's involvement in the Consumer Goods sector, including a secondment to the M&A team of a major consumer goods company, means that he also understands the relevant issues for consumer goods companies, working alongside colleagues from across the firm, to anticipate issues before they arise.
Marc's experience includes advising:
- Genus on the acquisition of a pig genetics business in Ireland and a bovine genetics distribution business in the UK
- AbbVie on its aborted £31 billion takeover bid for Shire
- Strides Shasun on the disposal of Agila, its generic speciality injectable business, to Mylan for approximately US$1.6 billion and on its AU$375 million sale of Ascent Pharmahealth to Watson
- International Exhibition Services on the sale of its global exhibitions business to UBM
- Sierra Rutile Limited on its takeover by Iluka Resources for £215 million