Malika combines her strong technical legal knowledge with a practical commercial approach.
She specialises in public and private mergers and acquisitions (including cross border transactions), corporate restructures, foreign investment, joint ventures and other commercial transactions.
She has experience across a wide range of industries, including consumer products, media and technology.
Malika is also the co-author of a detailed review of Australia’s foreign investment regime in “Towns Under Siege” (a book on Australian takeovers). In addition, she is the co-author of two chapters in “Before You Tie The Knot” (a book on joint ventures).
Malika’s experience includes advising:
- AccorHotels on its proposed A$1.2 billion acquisition of Mantra Group by way of scheme of arrangement
- oOh!media on the proposed A$1.6 billion merger with APN Outdoor by way of scheme of arrangement
- Fairfax Media on the separation and spin-off of Domain, which listed as a standalone entity with an initial market capitalisation of A$2.2 billion
- iProperty on its A$750 million acquisition by realestate.com.au by way of scheme of arrangement
- Propertylink on its A$503.5 million initial public offering
- BHP Billiton on its demerger of its aluminium, manganese and selected nickel and coal assets through the creation and listing of South32
- Metcash on the proposed IPO of its automotive division and its subsequent A$275 trade sale to Burson
- Chandler Macleod on its A$290 million acquisition by Recruit Holdings by way of scheme of arrangement
- Metcash on its acquisition of a 75% interest in Automotive Brands Group and the joint venture arrangements between Paul Dumbrell and Metcash following the acquisition
- Boral on its exit from its east coast bricks joint venture