Maguelonne's practice covers a range of commercial and investment disputes and regulatory issues. She has advised and represented clients in ad hoc and institutional arbitrations across a range of jurisdictions and sectors.
She focuses on disputes in the oil and gas, renewables, commodities, construction, TMT, automotive, and financial services sectors. She also advises on class action litigation, corporate investigations, expert determinations, sanctions related and crisis management matters as well as matter of public international law.
Maguelonne's experience includes advising:
- a global commodity trading company in relation to disputes concerning the quality of fuel supplied under multiple FOB supply contracts
- a wind power provider on investment treaty claims against the Government of Ukraine in relation to adjustments by the government of feed-in tariffs applying to alternative energy producers
- a state-owned company in ICC proceedings against the EPC contractor relating to delays and defects in the design and construction of an ultra-low sulfur diesel plant
- a global Chinese energy major in LCIA proceedings arising out of a sale and purchase agreement relating to the purchase of shares in a Kazakh company, and on related settlement negotiations
- an oil and gas company on investment treaty and ECHR claims against an Eastern European Government in relation to measures taken to freeze and seize its assets in the context of ongoing criminal investigations
- a CIS based subsidiary of an energy major in UNCITRAL proceedings in relation to a multinational oil pipeline dispute
- BP on all contentious issues arising from the In Amenas gas facility attacks in Algeria between 16-19 January 2013
- a multinational energy company in relation to all aspects of the impact of the Iranian sanctions on its operation in a major North Sea oil and gas project (including liaising with UK and EU governmental authorities with regards to the implementation of legislative measures, and to secure relevant licences and exemptions)
- multinational energy companies in relation to prospective commercial and investment treaty arbitrations against Algeria's national oil company Sonatrach and Algeria for breaches of PSC and BITs relating to the implementation of Algeria Law 05-07 imposing a windfall tax on hydrocarbon production revenue
- an Eastern European telecoms authority in an ICC arbitration regarding development of an air traffic control system
- a multinational mining company on available claims against a construction contractor in relation to design and/or manufacturing defects
- a Middle Eastern consortium in JCAA proceedings relating to breaches of various distribution agreements in the automotive industry
- a Japanese trading house in joint investigations with a multilateral development bank into potentially sanctionable practices (including bribery, corruption and collusion) on relation to two high-value projects for the construction of power stations in a foreign jurisdiction
- RCI Europe, a timeshare exchange platform, in class action proceedings brought by customers related to an alleged skimming of profits from rental of timeshare properties
Maguelonne is based in London but has also practised in our Tokyo and Paris offices.
She is a solicitor of the Supreme Court of England and Wales, a qualified solicitor advocate, and speaks French and English.