Mirko Gleitsmann is an associate in the Competition, Regulatory & Trade practice in our Düsseldorf office.
Mirko advises companies in all areas of German and EU competition law. He focuses in particular on complex merger proceedings with the German Federal Cartel Office and the European Commission as well as antitrust damages.
Additionally, he has practical experience in IT and data protection law.
Mirko graduated from the University of Bonn in 2016. During his legal traineeship at the Higher Regional Court Cologne, he worked for a leading law firm in Düsseldorf and in London as well as for the Federal Cartel Office (Bundeskartellamt).
Experience & expertise
- Synthomer on the merger control aspects of its proposed US$ 1 billion acquisition of Eastman Chemical’s adhesives business
- SoftBank Robotics Group on the sale of its French subsidiary SoftBank Robotics Europe to United Robotics Group
- a steel-mill operator on potential follow-on damages claims in relation to a FCO decision against long steel purchasers
- General Mills on the sale of its European dough business to Cérélia
- Deutsche Lufthansa on merger control issues in the sale of the European Business of LSG Group to airline caterer gategroup
- a truck manufacturer with a view to cartel follow-on damage claims being brought in Germany
- ANEX Group on the acquisition of Bucher Reisen and ÖGER Tours from the insolvent Thomas Cook Group
- a pension-fund on merger control related aspects regarding the acquisition of a medical device manufacturer*
- an energy company on merger control related aspects regarding the acquisition of the majority of shares of a network operator and energy supplier*
*Prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills