Miguel is a dispute resolution lawyer, specialised in corporate crime & investigations, civil proceedings and complex arbitrations.
He represents and defends major companies on difficult scenarios and complex litigation proceedings both in criminal and civil matters, including advocacy before the Spanish Courts. Additionally, he has a background on domestic and international arbitration proceedings.
He has also wide expertise on the preparation of corporate defence protocols in the context of the Spanish Criminal Code, in corporate crime and investigations.
Additionally, he is a professor on procedural law at Universidad Complutense de Madrid and the IE University.
Accolades and recognition
2023-2022 - "Rising star" in Dispute resolution, EMEA Legal 500 – Spain
2023 – Arbitration Powerlist, Legal 500 – Spain
2019 - Shortlisted as "Young lawyer of the year" in Spain – Expansión Awards for Legal Excellence
He has a dual degree in Law and Business administration by Universidad Complutense de Madrid. He obtained the Advanced Studies Certificate and is currently working on his PhD in Procedural law. He speaks Spanish and English. He is admitted in the Ilustre Colegio de la Abogacía de Madrid (ICAM – Madrid Bar Association) and is a member of the Spanish Arbitration Club.
Experience & expertise
- a Spanish financial institution on its representation on a criminal proceeding against the client's former high ranked employees charged with misappropriation and fraud
- Nueva Pescanova and two subsidiaries, on their representation and defence in civil proceedings, in relation to the annulment of the €300 million syndicated senior loan granted by its banking syndicate
- a real estate investment and management company on a civil claim against a Spanish entrepreneur
- Cobre Las Cruces on all legal aspects of the opening and development of the largest copper mining project in Europe located in Seville (Spain), including several criminal and civil proceedings
- a Spanish bank on a judicial lawsuit against Fracciona in relation to the disposal of Finanmadrid
- a bus company and its legal representatives, on their representation and defence in criminal proceedings, in relation to an accident with several victims and significant media coverage