Michael is a corporate, energy and resources lawyer.
Michael has extensive experience advising on mergers, acquisitions, disposals, foreign investment, capital raisings, and general corporate matters.
Michael also regularly advises on a broad range of mining matters including joint ventures, development projects, royalty agreements, and marketing and offtake agreements.
Michael holds a Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Western Australia.
Michael is admitted as a barrister and solicitor in the Supreme Court of Western Australia and the High Court of Australia.
Michael is a recipient of the Lawyers Weekly 30 Under 30 Award for Projects, Energy and Resources.
Experience & expertise
- BHP on the development of its A$4.6 billion South Flank Iron Ore Project
- Sociedad Quimica y Minera de Chile S.A. on its US$110 million acquisition of a 50% interest in the Mt Holland Lithium Project and its formation of a joint venture with Kidman Resources for the development of the project and a lithium refinery
- IGO on its A$1.8 billion acquisition of Sirius Resources via scheme of arrangement and its acquisition of Orion Minerals’ Fraser Range mining tenements
- Beadell Resources on its A$144 million acquisition by Great Panther Silver via scheme of arrangement
- Evolution Mining on its A$300 million acquisition of La Mancha Resources’ Frog’s Leg and White Foil gold assets and A$74 million off-market takeover of Phoenix Gold
- Alinta Energy on its $4 billon trade sale to Chow Tai Fook Enterprises
- Africa Finance Corporation on its US$50 million equity investment in Danakali
- Tembo Capital on its equity investments in Orion Minerals, Nzuri Copper, Laguna Gold and Strandline Resources