Menzi is an associate based in Johannesburg specialising in mergers & acquisitions, capital markets and private equity transactions.
Menzi has experience in advising domestic and multinational clients on mergers and acquisitions, capital markets and private equity transactions including general corporate law matters.
Bcomm Law (Unisa) and LLB (University of the Witwatersrand)
Experience & expertise
- Brait plc an investment holding company based in Mauritius listed on both the Johannesburg and Luxembourg Stock Exchanges on its ZAR3 billion rights issue.
- Allied Electronics Corporation Limited (Altron), a public company listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange, on the disposal of its UK subsidiary, Bytes Technology Limited (BTL) to Bytes Technology Group plc (BTG) and advising BTG on its secondary inward listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange as part of the transaction. BTG listed in December 2020 with a market capitalisation of ZAR16.3 billion.
- Shoprite Holdings Limited on its acquisition of Cambridge Food, Rhino Cash and Carry, Massfresh and selected Masscash and Carry assets from Massmart Holdings Limited, a subsidiary of Walmart.
- Premier Group Proprietary Limited on its acquisition of Mister Sweets, a division of Lodestone Brands Proprietary Limited and its purchase of immovable property from Lodestone Brands Proprietary Limited.
- Barloworld Limited a leading global industrial company on its acquisition of the starch business of Tongaat Hulett.
- Phatisa Limited a private equity fund manager on its acquisition of Deltamune Proprietary Limited from HL Hall & Sons Investments Proprietary Limited.