Melissa specialises in dispute resolution, with a focus on class action litigation and regulatory investigations.
An experienced commercial litigator, Melissa works with her clients to navigate complex, large-scale disputes including class actions and regulatory investigations. Client-focussed, she develops lasting relationships because of her commercial and practical approach to challenges.
Leveraging her knowledge of Australia’s mature class actions regime, Melissa is working across our Asia Pacific platform to guide our clients and teams in Asia who operate in markets with developing regional litigation risks.
Melissa holds a Bachelor of Laws (First Class Honours) from the University of New South Wales and a Bachelor of Economics (Social Sciences) from the University of Sydney.
She was admitted to practise in December 2010.
Experience & expertise
- defending a securities class action brought by multiple plaintiffs, which is presently before the Supreme Court of NSW
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia in relation to the AUSTRAC civil penalty proceedings
- NAB in its defence of the shareholder class action relating to collateralised debt obligations
- a major financial institution in relation to multiple criminal and civil regulatory investigations
- a global mining and resources company on various issues, including class action risk, arising from the failure of a major asset
- an ASX 100 company in settling disputes and threatened class action proceedings with a large number of franchisees
- Ausgrid, Endeavour Energy and Essential Energy, in Competition Tribunal proceedings involving 15 parties and interveners, successfully challenging the Australian Energy Regulator’s revenue determination
- strategic advice to a number of clients on regulatory issues including anti-bribery and corruption and anti-money laundering and counter terrorism financing compliance and investigations