Mehdi is a Senior Associate specialising in cross-border M&A transactions and private capital investment.
Mehdi has experience advising clients on a wide range of corporate transactions with a particular focus on cross-border M&A (private and public), focussing on high-value, complex transactions, private capital investment, joint ventures and developing markets. Mehdi works across key global geographies and international corridors (including in particular US, UK, Europe, Middle East, Asia and Switzerland).
Mehdi is co-head of the firm's Swiss Group and is an active member of the firm's Africa Group.
Mehdi joined the firm in 2018. He is a dual qualified lawyer in England and Wales, and in Switzerland.
Mehdi holds a Master in Corporate Law from University of Cambridge (Darwin College) and an LLB, LLM and Doctorate in law from Fribourg University (Switzerland).
Experience & expertise
- Evergreen Coast Capital, an affiliate of Elliott Investment Management, and Brookfield on the US$16bn consortium acquisition of Nielsen Holdings plc
- Certares Opportunities LLC and Knighthead Opportunities Capital Management LLC on their US$225 million equity investment in Global Blue Group Holding AG, a leading strategic technology and payments partner
- Ixcellerate Limited on its US$200m fundraising by, among others, Mubadala
- VMO2 and Telefonica on the VMO2 / Vodafone UK mobile towers joint venture Cornerstone
- The Blackstone Group on its recommended cash offer (by way of a scheme of arrangement) for Hansteen Holdings plc, an AIM listed owner and asset manager of industrial property
- The Ardonagh Group on its acquisition of Arachas, the largest small and medium enterprise-focused commercial insurance broker in Ireland and on its acquisition of the Bravo Group
- NEPI Rockcastle plc (listed on listed on Euronext and the JSE) on the sale of its subsidiaries which own a portfolio of office buildings in Romania to AFI Properties (with a deal value of €308 million). It is believed to be the largest deal in the Romanian real estate market and one of the biggest real estate deals in the Central and Eastern European region in 2019
- Synthomer plc, a FTSE 250 speciality chemicals company, on its proposed Class 1 acquisition of OMNOVA Solutions Inc. for approximately £654 million and a fully underwritten rights issue of up to £204 million
- Virgin Atlantic on the acquisition of Flybe and Flybe.com (the operating subsidiaries of Flybe Group) by Connect Airways, a joint venture company owned by Virgin Atlantic, the Stobart Group and Cyrus Capital, by way of scheme of arrangement