Meghan is a senior manager in the UK Alternative Legal Services (ALT) eDiscovery and Legal Technology practice in London.
She is responsible for managing the eDiscovery and Legal Technology team in the UK.
As a Relativity Certified Administrator, she specialises in promoting eDiscovery best practices and strives to use technology to create efficient workflows. This includes early data assessment strategies, structured and conceptual analytics and the effective use of predictive coding. Her legal background enables her to advise lawyers on the best uses of these concepts from a legal and not just technical point of view.
Meghan is experienced in managing complex document review exercises and producing large quantities of documents to UK, EU and US regulators including the Financial Conduct Authority, Serious Fraud Office, Competition and Markets Authority, European Commission, U.S. Department of Justice and U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
Meghan has 12 years’ experience in the eDiscovery industry. She is a US qualified lawyer who began her career in document review before moving over to consultancy services. Prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills, Meghan worked at eDiscovery specialist providers.
Experience & expertise
- a High Court Group Litigation in connection with a current high profile class action brought in the English courts; developing a workflow for seamless data transfer and customising a review database to support a large-scale claims assessment review
- a commercial dispute involving a breach of contract arising from events during the pandemic lockdown; utilising conceptual analytics to identify documents for witness statements, reducing the population of documents for manual review
- a telecommunications client responding to a request by a competition regulator; advising analytics workflows to identify key documents quickly within a 4 million document population
- a High Court insurance dispute; providing guidance on utilising Continuous Active Learning to ensure an efficient and proportionate review
- an investment firm being tried in a foreign court; designing bespoke workflow to meet tight deadlines in a jurisdiction that does not accept technology assisted review