Mark is a corporate and projects lawyer specialising in the energy, natural resources and infrastructure sectors.
Mark advises clients on transactions and projects in the energy, natural resources and infrastructure sectors. He has extensive experience in upstream oil and gas, pipelines, LNG (including import and regasification projects), power, renewables, decarbonisation (including carbon farming and CCS), and mining. His core practice covers mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, project development, construction and procurement, offtake agreements, and commodity sales and transportation.
Mark has worked on large-scale projects and transactions within Australia and internationally. He regularly advises clients on projects located in Asia, Africa and the Middle East. He has also previously spent over five years based in the United Arab Emirates and worked across the Middle East and North Africa during that time.
Mark has previously undertaken secondments at bp (based in Dubai, UAE) and Woodside (based in Perth, Australia).
Mark holds a Bachelor of Laws and a Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Western Australia. Mark is admitted to practice across Australia.
Mark is also a member of the Association of International Energy Negotiators.
Experience & expertise
- FGEN LNG Corporation on the development of an LNG import terminal in the Philippines, including the chartering of an FSRU, procurement of LNG and terminal use arrangements
- BHP on the merger of its petroleum business with Woodside Energy
- APA Group on the development of the Northern Goldfields Interconnect pipeline in Western Australia, and the sale of its interest in the Mid West Pipeline to I Squared Capital
- Covalent Lithium on the proposed development of the Mt Holland Lithium Project
- CalEnergy (a subsidiary of Northern Powergrid Holdings Company) on the acquisition of two solar farms in New South Wales with a combined capacity of 345 MWp from Canadian Solar, and the entry into a Development Services Agreement in respect of the future development of renewables projects in Australia