Marjel is a Senior Associate in our Corporate practice group in Dusseldorf.
Marjel graduated from Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-University Bonn and completed his legal clerkship at the Higher Regional Court of Cologne in 2017. Marjel was admitted to the German bar in 2017. Prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills in 2021, Marjel already worked in a Corporate/M&A group for another leading international law firm in Germany.
Experience & expertise
- advising Softbank Group on its investment into German mobile phone digital growth company 1NCE
- SoftBank Robotics Group on the sale of its French subsidiary SoftBank Robotics Europe to United Robotics Group
- advising Steadfast Group on the acquisition of a majority stake in unisonSteadfast AG*
- advising Verivox on the acquisition of a brokerage business and the insurance manager app solution from Getsafe*
- advising Basler Versicherungen on the sale of its shareholding in Deutscher Ring Bausparkasse AG to the BAWAG Group*
- advising clients in asset deals and share deals, with both transactions within a company group and transactions with third parties as purchasers or sellers*
- providing ongoing corporate advice to German and European Insurance Groups (including board matters).*
*prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills