Maria Falcão de Andrade
Maria is an Associate in the Finance practice group in the New York office.
Maria has extensive international corporate, finance and projects experience, including relevant energy and infrastructure projects transactions in Latin America and Africa, dealing with sponsors, financial institutions, and export credit agencies.
Maria previously worked as an International Visiting Professional at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP in New York where she acted on project finance, energy and infrastructure transactions. Maria also worked as an In-House Counsel at Odebrecht Group in Brazil and in Angola for over 10 years, advising on matters related to project development and finance, refinancing transactions involving development finance institutions and commercial banks and corporate governance.
Maria is a native Portuguese speaker, she’s also fluent in Spanish, and she is proficient in French. She is admitted to practice in Brazil.
- IFC on a US$150 million financing to Nubank Colombia for its growth of local operations and expand access to financial services in Colombia
- IFC on a BRL160 million and US$20 million A/B financing to Usina Santa Adelia for its expansion capacity and energy efficiency investment program in Brazil
- a major Chilean infrastructure fund on the acquisition and project financing of a 140 MW solar PV facility in Chile
- Mercuria Energy Trading and other financing parties on the US$544 million financing to Seacrest Exploração e Produção for its acquisition of the Norte Capixaba cluster in Brazil
- subsidiaries of KfW DEG Investment Group and BlueOrchard Impact Investment Managers on the US$50 million financing of TriLinc Global Impact Fund for six small enterprises in developing economies
Maria received her LL.M. from Columbia Law School in 2020, her International Business Law LL.M. from King’s College London in 2007, and her Bachelor of Laws from Universidade Federal de Pernambuco in Brazil in 2003.