María is a senior associate in the employment, pensions and incentives practice in the Madrid office.
María has experience in all types of employment related matters and gives ongoing advisory services to clients.
She advises clients on recruitment and dismissal procedures, restructuring processes, collective negotiation processes, health and safety, pension plans, immigration and incentive schemes. Maria is also experienced in the defense of proceedings before the labour courts.
In addition, Maria is highly experienced in working with our clients on multi-jurisdictional transactions.
Before joining Herbert Smith Freehills in 2014, María worked for Pwc Tax and Legal services as a lawyer in their Employment division.
María has a Law Degree, Political and Administration Science Degree and holds a Diploma in International Relations by Universidad Pontificia Comillas de Madrid (ICADE), partially studied at l'Institut de Sciences Politiques in Paris, France.
In addition to Spanish as his native language, María is also fluent in English.
Experience & expertise
- Cobre Las Cruces (mining company) on employment-related advice on an ongoing basis, advice on trade unions relationship and on defence of labour proceedings before the Spanish Labour Courts
- Klinger España: Advice the subsidiary in Spain of Klinger Group (SAIDI) in the reorganization procedure carried out in 2017
- Costco Wholesale Spain: Ongoing advice on employment- related matters
- Delegación en España de la Fundación British Council on legal restructucturation process with collective dismissal procedure
- Lico Leasing Division, S.A.U., E.F.C. in the collective dismissal procedure which affected its 17 work centres