Marcus is a Consultant specialising in TMT and data protection.
Based in London, Marcus has 20 years' experience in TMT, outsourcing and data protection. He advises clients in the TMT, financial services, energy, aerospace, retail and pharmaceutical sectors, and has also worked extensively with government. He has worked in-house as well as in private practice and so understands the commercial imperatives that drive the management of legal risk and the importance of pro-active support.
Marcus helps clients implement regulatory compliance programmes for data protection, focusing particularly on the General Data Protection Regulation.
He has been involved in drafting and negotiating software development, systems integration and outsourcing agreements for a variety of clients, including investment banks, financial institutions and government departments.
- advising on GDPR readiness for an international recruitment consultant, a pharmaceutical company and in international investment bank
- advising on contractual arrangements for of the transfer of data and ongoing services arising from the acquisition of a UK retail and commercial bank by a Spanish banking group
- advising an industry leading alternative investment provider on the outsourcing of fund management services
- advising an international banking and asset management group on the licensing of a technology platform for the administration of employee share schemes
- advising on transitional services arrangements and ongoing commercial services related to the proposed divestment by a well-known retail bank of certain branches, including advising on the application of SYSC 8