Marcus is a Senior Associate in the firm's corporate practice with a focus on the oil and gas, power and infrastructure sectors.
His experience includes advising clients on energy projects in various jurisdictions, including domestic and international oil and gas mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and project development.
Marcus previously spent six months on secondment in 2017 to bp's upstream legal team, and was based in the firm's London office before joining the Tokyo practice in 2023.
Experience & expertise
- GIC Infrastructure and BlackRock’s Global Energy & Power Infrastructure Funds on their landmark acquisition of Aberdeen-based pipeline owner-operator, Kellas Midstream from funds managed by Antin Infrastructure Partners
- Tullow on the development of its Kenyan upstream assets and the East Africa Pipeline, a crude oil pipeline to export the crude oil from Kenya
- bp on its entry into a strategic partnership with Equinor for the development of offshore wind assets, the first stage of which involved bp's purchase of a 50% interest in Equinor's Empire Wind and Beacon Wind assets
- CPPIB on the structuring, formation and governance of a new UK incorporated portfolio company to be a European renewables investment platform: Renewable Power Capital Limited
- New Energy One Acquisition Corporation plc on its SPAC listing on the London Stock Exchange, backed by LiveStream and Italian-listed energy company Eni