Marcos is a corporate lawyer who specialises in domestic and cross-border M&A with a particular focus on private capital.
He advises large and mid-market private equity funds, corporates and distressed operators on a wide range of matters including LBO, MBO, cross-border acquisitions, non-performing loan deals, incentive plans to key managers, restructuring and refinancing.
He has a law degree and a diploma in Business administration and management by the Universidad Pontificia Comillas (ICADE) de Madrid. He also holds a master's degree in Law (LLM) by Instituto de Empresa (Spain) and a master's degree in Business law by Boston College University (USA). He speaks Spanish and English. He is a member of the Ilustre Colegio de la Abogacía de Madrid (ICAM – Madrid Bar Association).
He is a professor at IE teaching various programs (cross-border M&A, private equity, among others). Prior to joining the firm, he worked at another international law firm in Madrid.
Experience & expertise
- PAI Partners on the €430 million acquisition of a majority stake in Angulas Aguinaga, owner of La Gula del Norte, Krissia and Aguinamar, from Portobello
- Magnum Industrial Partners on the acquisition of a majority stake in Grupo Fernando Corral Salamanca, a Spanish manufacturer of meat-based products, to boost its growth and turn the company into a sustainability reference in Europe
- The Carlyle Group España on the acquisition of 39% stake in Jeanología, a leading company in sustainable and efficient finishing technologies for textile, coding, packaging, and other industrial applications
- Peninsula Capital on the acquisition of a majority stake in Dorsia, owner of the greatest chain of cosmetic surgery clinics in Europe, from Capza and Nexxus Iberia
- JB Capital Markets and Kartesia Advisors on the acquisition of a minority stake and debt position in Vitaldent from ICG
- Trilantic Capital Partners on the acquisition of 100% of Pachá Group, a leading company in the entertainment sector, owned by the Urgell family
- H.I.G. European Capital Partners Spain on the acquisition of Sistemas e Imagen Publicitaria and Impursa, two Spanish companies primarily devoted to the marketing and advertising sector
- Magnum Industrial Partners on the disposal of the Indiba Group, a world leader in the field of radiofrequency (RF) for the physiotherapy, aesthetic, and veterinary market