Marco is a member of Herbert Smith Freehills' Italian Corporate Crime & Investigations practice.
Marco has collaborated in providing judicial and extra-judicial assistance in relation to white-collar and corporate crime matters to Italian and foreign individuals and companies operating in various industries.
In particular, he has assisted clients in the fashion and luxury, pharmaceuticals, banking and finance sectors.
His activities include advice on compliance, mainly concerning corporate liability (pursuant to Legislative Decree no. 231 of 8 June 2001) and the prevention of corruption and money laundering offences.
Furthermore, he has participated in several internal investigations, including a few across multiple jurisdictions.
His native language is Italian, he is proficient in English and has studied German for a few years.
Marco is a qualified lawyer admitted to the Milan Bar since 2019. Before joining Herbert Smith Freehills he collaborated with a renowned Italian law firm (2019-2022).
He graduated in Law (cum laude) from the University of Pisa in 2014 and, at the same time, attended the Scuola Superiore di Studi Universitari e Perfezionamento Sant'Anna in Pisa.
In 2019, he defended his PhD thesis in Criminal Law at the University of Milan (supervisor: prof. Francesco Viganò).
He also spent an internship period with the Judiciary Office of the Court of Milan.
Experience & expertise
- companies working in the luxury industries in internal investigations on alleged misconduct by several employees
- a foreign pharmaceutical company, the victim of commercial fraud and attempted extortion, in criminal proceedings before the Italian judicial authorities
- Italy's leading banking group on an environmental compliance matter, involving a complex of properties used for industrial activities leased to third parties
- a major company producing and marketing tires for industrial use in updating its Organization, Management and Control Model (pursuant to Legislative Decree No. 231 of June 8, 2001)
- a company operating in the life science sector as a provider of research services in compliance matters